I am a vintage girl. I wished I belonged to a different time period – 60s, 70s. I love everything about old school. As I was clearing my laptop data, I chanced upon some photos which I had shot for Harper’s Bazaar Singapore, four years back. At that time, I had no idea what a big deal it was to have a spread on a leading fashion magazine. Yes, it was an editorial featuring bloggers but I felt no less than a supermodel. It was the first time I was working with luxury brands like Chanel, Dior etc. The brief given to me was ‘vintage’ and the purpose was to take a break from the contemporary world and revisit the past. Interestingly when I was given the brief, Shirley, my photographer, told me that she wanted pictures that told a story. Looking back, I had a fabulous time during the shoot and the photos below are my some of my favourites! I cannot believe they were almost lost somewhere all these years.
And here’s a scanned copy of the magazine spread.
Dress – Topshop
Bag – Chanel
Heels – Dior
Jewellery, Hats & Gloves – Accessorize
Photography– Shirley Zhong
- Dress: Select a lacey black dress and team it up with a medium-sized hat and/or black gloves.
Lace-love is often, what vintage is all about.
- Accessories: You can dress up or dress down an outfit just by your choice of accessories.
Pearls on your earrings/bracelets/necklaces are mandatory to achieve any vintage look.
- Shoes: Heels are elegant. If you wish, you can also wear lacey stockings with ankle-length boots.
- Make-up: Focus make-up on your eyes. Smokey eye would give fab results!
- Hair: Leave your hair down or just keep it simple with a slick ponytail.
Till my next post, cheers!