“I’ve nothing to wear” – The most common wardrobe dilemma !
This festive season – revamp your style and end your wardrobe dilemma without spending a bomb on new clothes!
First things first – Follow the 12-month wardrobe rule. Anything that does not make you feel good about yourself has to go. Toss away or donate anything you haven’t worn in a year because honey, if you have not worn these garments in a year, chances are you will never wear them! Yes, with a little adjustment and some creativity you can completely edit and update your wardrobe in these 5 simple steps!
1) Know what you have and organise your existing wardrobe into pants, skirts, jackets, blouses and dresses.
2) Know your current measurements! Something that fitted you 3 months ago might not fit you today. Similarly, you might just fit into a dress that you had been dying to wear all these years. Know your measurements – based on which decide what you keep and what to discard.
3) Must Have Essentials in the Wardrobe:
- Little black dress
- White blouse
- Neutral cardigan
- Knee-length skirt
- Black dress
- Black pants
- A pair of jeans
- A solid color t-shirt
- A jacket
- A pair of heels
- A pair of boots
- Casual Sandals
- A basic handbag
4) Make a list of key items depending on your work and lifestyle. If any of your essentials need replacing, put these on your list first and plan to spend the most on these.
5) Use accessories like shoes and bags as they help you create new looks with your existing wardrobe. Double up your long necklaces to make them chunkier to jazz up your outfit.
So there you go, revamping your wardrobe on a budget is not that difficult afterall!
Do share with us how you clean and organise your own wardrobe!
Also don’t forget to like the Spotlight Facebook Page –http://www.facebook.com/spotlightxoxo