Ways To Stay Hydrated This Summer !
Summer has set in and one of the most important things that you need to keep in mind is to keep yourself hydrated throughout this season. The more hydrated you are, the better you will feel and appear. Here are some tips that will aid you to keep yourself hydrated during this hot season.
1) Starting off with a simple tip, the best way to keep yourself hydrated is to carry a water bottle along with you, wherever you go. Make this is a habit and you will end up gulping down litres of water before you even realize it. Also, drink enough water before meals as doing so will not only keep you hydrated but you will also less likely overeat.
2) Add a bit of taste to your regular drinking water if you are one those to find it “tasteless” and “boring”. A pinch of lemon or orange flavouring could motivate you to drink more water daily. Try to avoid aerated/carbonated or fizzy drinks since these drinks are high in calories and not good for our body. Alternatively, fresh juices are a good choice as they have abundant vitamins, minerals and will give you lots of energy. Coconut water is also highly refreshing and naturally available.
3) Eat two or three servings of fruits and vegetables with high water content at every meal. Watermelons, tomato, cucumbers and lemons include the minerals that help your body absorb and use it properly. Avoid processed foods like sweet snacks, flours, salty snacks and processed meats. Try to regularly consume food that will keep you hydrated and packed with essential nutrients.
4) Keeping your skin hydrated is also very essential. So cleanse, tone and moisturize your skin regularly. When you are sufficiently hydrated, it will show on your face! Your skin will glow and will definitely appear more radiant.
5) Install water filters at your workplace and establish regular water breaks during work hours. Tailor a water routine. For instance, drink a glass of water every 3 hours or after every morning meeting with the boss!