Today I’ll be reviewing the Neutrogena® Ultra Sheer® Dry-Touch Sunscreen SPF 50+. I was earlier using a sunscreen from a medicated brand that my doctor had recommended. However, it just did not gel well with my skin. It often made my skin oily, sticky and I would start sweating profusely the moment I put it on. So honestly, this is probably the first sunscreen that I have liked in a really long time! For those of you with oily skin and want heavy duty protection from both UVA and UVB rays, this product is a great option to consider. Read on!
What The Product Claims:
Neutrogena® Ultra Sheer® Dry-Touch Sunscreen SPF 50+ with Helioplex® technology helps prevent damaging UVA rays from penetrating deep under skin’s surface. Dry-Touch technology helps leaving a clean, lightweight, non-shiny finish. Sun protection never felt this light on your skin. This product features Helioplex®, a breadth of stabilized sunscreen technologies that delivers superior protection from the sun.
Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB
Water resistant (80min)
Non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores)
Price: Rs. 150 for 30 ml tube
Active: Avobenzone, Homosalate, Octisalate, Octocrylene, Oxybenzone.
Inactive: Water, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Diethylhexyl 2, 6 – Napthalate, Beeswax, Caprylyl Methicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, BHT, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG – 100 Stearate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Acrylates/C12 – 22 Alkylmethacrylate Copolymer, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Xanthan Gum, Trideceth – 6, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disodium EDTA, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance.
I bought the 30 ml tube ; it’s small and easily portable. So as per the instructions, I just needed a pea-size amount of sunscreen for my neck and face and applied it liberally on my face and body 15 – 30 minutes before stepping out of my house (ie. sun exposure). For daily usage, this sunscreen is nearly perfect! It does not feel oily or greasy like my previous sunscreens and leaves a very dry finish. I have put makeup over it and did not feel too heavy. I have been using it for a month now and unlike my previous sunscreens, this did not make me breakout. I also like the protection it offers and its light feel.
What’s good about it:
1. It offers high levels of both UVA (PA +++) and UVB protection due to the patented Helioplex technology. SPF 50+ is good for the Indian skin and it is able to provide high, broad-spectrum and photostable protection after 5 hours of sun exposure.
2. As mentioned earlier, it is not oily. It is smooth and blends easily.
3. At the same time, it does not dry out your skin. It is light, can be applied before you put on makeup and it does not feel heavy.
4. The 30ml tube is small and compact. Easy to carry around with you anywhere you go!
5. Nice fragrance.
6. It does not clog your pores, thus minimal chances of breakout.
What’s not so good about it:
1. You might need a re-application every 4 hours, especially if you are outdoors most of the time.
Rating – 4.5/5
What’s your favourite brand of sunscreen/sunblock ?
For more beauty reviews, you can also visit here