So the Lakme Absolute Illusion Makeup Masterclass was conducted by Lakme Makeup Expert, Natasha Nischol at the Jabong Stage on day four during Lakme Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2014. A bit about Natasha – This talented lady graduated from the prestigious London College of Fashion, worked in London and Hong Kong. Trained with Oscar winning make-up artist Jenny Shircore in the UK, she assisted him on The Phantom of the Opera and Four Feathers. Natasha runs India’s paramount make-up academy – fat mu makeup school, along with her partner Virginia Holmes. So this particular makeup tutorial was themed around Lakme’s latest offering – the Lakme Absolute Illusion range.
Natasha revealed how to achieve the Lakme Absolute Illusion Metallic Look that is all set to be the beauty trend of the season. Sarah Jane Dias, Lakme Digital Ambassador was the model for the session. During this one hour session, Natasha Nischol demonstrated the Absolute Illusion Day and Night looks on her.
Get The Lakme Absolute Illusion Day Look!
- Apply a base of Lakme Youth Infinity Moisturizer, Foundation and Concealer.
- Sarah’s hair was also prepped up according to the 70’s vibe – big and curly.
- For the cheekbones – use a bronzer from the Lakme Absolute Face Stylist range
- Blend the eyes with the Lakme Absolute Illusion Pearl Eyeshadow
- A streak of black eyeliner was applied to infuse the colour of the shimmery eye shadow, to give it an electric feel.
- Dots of electric violet and blue from the Lakme Absolute Eye Shadow Duos were added on top of the eyeliner and to the inner corner of the eye, adding dimension.
- Sarah’s eyelashes were curled using the Lakme Absolute Voluminizing Mascara.
- Finally, dab the lips in a matte orange lipstick from the Lakme 9to5 range.
Get The Lakme Absolute Illusion Night Look!
The night look was simply achieved by adding touch-ups to the day look.
- Blending in purple Lakme Absolute Drama Stylist Crayon Eyeshadow
- Build in the intensity of the eye shadow with a slightly darken tone.
- Add another line of eyeliner onto the purple canvas for a little sparkle in a pink glitter shadow over the inner corner of the eyes.
- Sarah’s lips were dabbed in a soft coral called ‘Rust Crush’.
- The look was completed by applying a coat of mascara and brushing the face with some glitter over the cheekbones in a decent amount of bronze blush – Lakme Absolute Blush Dous, Night Sheen.
Psst.. some exciting makeup secrets exclusively for my readers on Spotlight:
- Natasha: “The secret to long lasting makeup is to layer and blend in eye shadow with cream and powder so that it sets through the day”.
- Sarah: “The secret of big hairdos by simply making multiple tiny braids on wet hair and leaving it overnight, untie each braid, a dab of mousse for the 70’s look”