Know someone who can’t live without their cup of coffee? You may wanna share these insights with them. Spotlight brings to you the pros & cons of having coffee – just for all you true coffee-lovers, coffee-detesters!
– Antioxidants: Coffee is loaded with this stuff which is great because antioxidants reduce the damage to cells and therefore slows down aging.
– Parkinson’s Disease, Diabetes, Liver Cirrhosis, Gallstones, Kidney Stones, Alzeihmer’s Disease: Yes, drinking coffee reduces the chances of you getting any of these things.
– Asthma: Believe it or not, having a cup of coffee can help open up your airways and therefore ease asthmatic symptoms.
– Alertness: Coffee keeps you up and energetic. Some studies even go as far as saying that it can increase the ability to retain information.
– Cholesterol: Coffee causes the bad cholesterol levels to shoot up.
– Heartburn: A single cup of coffee can trigger this off; so if you’re prone to heartburn you may want to stay away.
– Sleeplessness: Caffeine intake before bed time is a bad idea. And sure, while it helps to keep us up to study for the surprise test, when the effect wears off, your energy levels slump to an all-time low.
– Dehydration: Coffee is not a substitute for water. The more coffee you put in your system, the more water you need in order to stay hydrated.
– Addictive: Caffeine is a drug. Accept it.
Picture credit : fanpop.com, ilovecoffeebook.com