A Letter To Him
(Photography– Shirley Z, Concept – Ryan Averson, Model – Yours truly, me!)
Dress – Topshop
Bag – Chanel
Heels – My Own
Earrings – DIVA
Necklace, Bracelets and Gloves – Forever 21
Hat – Shirley Z
A LBD (little black dress) is something that every girl of today must have in her wardrobe. The above pictures were taken during a 2011 photoshoot for a fashion magazine. We shot at Novus Bar, Singapore. When my photographer, Shirley and art-director, Ryan were working on my look, they wanted to bring the Victorian vintage feel back. The purpose was to take a break from the contemporary world and revisit the past. Interestingly when I was given a brief, Ryan told me clearly “Ritz, every time someone looks at your pictures, they need to feel that they are part of someone’s story”. Looking back, I had a fabulous time during the shoot and the above snaps are my some of my favourites!
Here are some tips to get the Vintage look in a LBD:
- Dress: Select a lacey black dress and team it up with a medium-sized hat and/or black gloves.
Lace-love is often, what vintage is all about.
- Accessories: You can dress up or dress down an outfit just by your choice of accessories.
Pearls on your earrings/bracelets/necklaces are mandatory to achieve any vintage look.
- Shoes: Heels are elegant. If you wish, you can also wear lacey stockings with ankle-length boots.
- Make-up: Focus make-up on your eyes. Smokey eye would give fab results!
- Hair: Do up your hair in a bun or just keep it simple with a slick ponytail.
So there you go! If ever you wish to break free from the current style trends & norms, the above tips might just come in handy!
Till my next post, cheers!